Create a Kitchen Free of Plastics and products that shed microplastics.
1. A bamboo scrubber and jute sponge work just as well as a plastic sponges, and don't shed microplastics with daily use. They are washable and biodegradable.
2. Canvas reusable and washable produce/bulk bags carry your fruits,veggies and bulk foods home without using non-recyclable plastic produce bags.
3. Use bar dish soap to avoid dish soap in plastic bottles. Wipe with a wet sponge or dishcloth to create suds, or run underwater for a few seconds. It will cut grease while creating a beautiful scent. Use for cleaning counter-tops and surfaces, as well as a laundry stick!
4. Use Stainless steel food containers to store food instead of plastic containers or those with plastic lids. The containers are spill-proof, and 3 sizes nest for easy storage, and convenience with take-out orders. No more need for cling wrap, and ziplock bags which go directly to landfill.
5. Carry a stainless steel water bottle with you to avoid the need to purchase plastic water bottles, or To-Go coffee and drinks. Double insulated to hold both Hot and Cold beverages.